Thursday, July 2, 2015

Tolerance goes both ways...

Would they die for this flag and what it represents?
Many have...

 ~ Today I heard a black man on the radio say that black people shouldn’t be reverse-racists, which was a nice way of saying forgive and don’t buy into hate. Life cannot be sweet if your heart is filled with bitterness and resentment. Trust me, it just produces misery.

 ~ The death of freedom in America will not be painless. And yes, you can quote me on that…

 ~ I watched a great movie last night, Kill The Messenger. It was about the Contra scandal during the Reagan administration.  Do not think our government is not ruthless...

 ~ There’s a new book out, authored by two very smart individuals, which could actually describe World War III. They employ the use of futuristic technology which is being developed presently. Today it’s fiction; tomorrow, who knows?

 ~ In a dogfight, the new F35 fighter jet cannot beat the plane it’s replacing. “Significant shortcomings” is a kindly phrase associated with the failure of this very expensive debacle. Incompetence run rampid…

 ~ For the well traveled, we now have a suitcase that transforms into a dresser , whereby eliminating the need to unpack. I thought it was a great idea, since I hate unpacking so much I prefer to live out of my suitcase. Time to think about Christmas…

 ~ After being called a fascist by a recent commenter, I did a word study to find out if the definition has changed. “a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views”. I may be in denial, but I never thought I had extreme right-wing views nor do I want to dictate my belief system upon anyone else.

Does being a Christian make me a fascist? Does believing and following Christ and His doctrines make me a fascist? When I disagree with liberal ideals, does that make me fascist? Does expressing these beliefs make me a fascist?

For the most part, I have given up name-calling since that is judgment and expressly forbidden. I have tried to replace my seat of judgment with being an observer. There was a day I practiced bigotry, but Christ’s love was demonstrated through tolerance, kindness, patience and forgiveness, so today I do my best mirror His example.

I do not hate those I disagree with, nor do I wish them harm, although they sometimes make me angry, but I don't have to act on it anymore. I have several gay friends, one of which I see several times a week and hug him every time I see him, so I don’t think I’m homophobic. I am friends with people of several different ethnic groups and enjoy their company, so I don’t think I’m racist.

I am not a saint, nor will I ever attain perfection in this life. I know I am not always right, which has been proven many times over, especially in my belief system. I do believe that to know what is in a person’s heart, one only has to listen to what comes out of their mouth. Billy Graham said, “Sin is a disease of the heart.” and I believe the man knows what he’s talking about.  

As I get older, my days are becoming a countdown, so I have reevaluated the things that really matter. My greatest assets are my relationships, which cannot be bought or replaced.  I choose to make good memories and live what I believe.  You are welcome to hate me and my outdated beliefs, but I don't have to live with your hate, just my own regrets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Denney -- I hate to be a wise ass, but I'd like to point out that tolerance does not go both ways. What we see from the left is far from tolerance. Rather, it's a scorched earth policy. These people won't stop until until they've enslaved all the straights, the conservative religious people, white people, and rewritten history as well as all the great religious texts. Ya think I'm exaggerating?

Now, I have faith that God will step in eventually, but until then the rest of us have to hide, endure persecution, or grow a pair and find a way to fight the satanic horde.

As I get older, I find myself growing wilier (as in Wiley Coyote). I'm not afraid of sissies or politically correct bullies or sawed-off lawyers or gay policemen.

The fight is just beginning. Please don't use the excuse that you're too old or grown too pious. These are exciting times, don't bow out now.

Anonymous said...

The only thing I believe is what I see. Humans have not evolved to be peaceful and genteel creatures and violence and war are as human as walking upright. Don't expect a sudden change..