Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Smile, you're on camera...
with or without your approval


 ~ I remember the first time I heard Superman say he was for “truth, justice and the American way”. I haven’t heard the latest Supermen say it. Probably because truth and justice don’t seem to apply to American society or culture today.

 ~ How quickly we forget… 56 shot, 12 killed in violent Memorial Day weekend in Chicago.

 ~ This Houston NRA lawyer has enraged a bunch of people by stating "innocent people died because of (Clementa Pinckney's) position on a political issue. …How many more is it going to take when people realize there is no such thing as a gun-free zone?" His timing to share this is all wrong.

 ~ I have found very few news articles that perplexed me more than that of one by Fort Worth Weekly entitled “Asylum Seekers Detained”. There are so many problems on so many levels that I finally had to detach from the emotional rollercoaster I experienced reading this piece. Conclusion: Government can barely contain immigration problems, a solution is beyond their reach.

As a matter of fact, I thought I would enjoy visiting their website, but I don’t know that I will ever go back to it. I thought I was pretty tough until I glimpsed at the bitter reality we face in this land and it was very unsettling.

~ Statement after consumer groups walked out of federal talks on the use public facial recognition software because of privacy concerns: “At a base minimum, people should be able to walk down a public street without fear that companies they’ve never heard of are tracking their every movement — and identifying them by name — using facial recognition technology,” the privacy and consumer groups said in a statement. “Unfortunately, we have been unable to obtain agreement even with that basic, specific premise.NY Times

~ The latest government program to help the poor: subsidized internet. Yes, our tax dollars will now help the poor to afford broadband internet. The ATandT fine won’t come close to paying for this.

I expect the homeless all across this great nation will be standing in line to receive discounted internet services. I also expect broadband providers to be the greatest benefactor of this program. Graft will be of historic proportion.

  ~ I'm sure race plays no part in Obama and Biden attending the funeral for the slain South Carolina minister on Friday.  The President will deliver the eulogy.  Another opportunity to share his fundamental change agenda with the black community America.  His legacy will stain this country for decades to come.

No comments: