Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's the voices
they're acting up again

“You don’t get to pick your tax rate. Neither should corporations.” That was the first sentence in my email from the Whitehouse on Monday explaining why they are taking action against corporations leaving the United States. Fortunately, we can choose our tax rate…if we choose to live in a foreign country…and so can corporations. You can’t expect people or companies to not look elsewhere when their tax rate goes above 50%, especially if there are millions of dollars benefitting the move. That, along with excessive regulation, licensing and other costly overhead expenses sure make the move very attractive.
Here’s a crazy concept: Can you imagine us building a wall around our borders, not to keep illegal aliens undocumented immigrants out, but to keep Americans in?
Last Friday, the Justice Department pressured Ferguson police to stop wearing bracelets in support of fellow officer Darren Wilson who they are investigating. The bracelets read, “I am Darren Wilson”. So much for freedom of speech and freedom of expression. NY Times
The United States Department of Justice – what an oxymoronic name for that branch of government.
I just read that Jerry Brown, governor of California, is expected to approve banning the use of plastic bags in grocery stores. The law also allows businesses to charge 10 cents for reusable or paper bags. I have no problem banning plastic bags, but when did business need permission from the government to charge the consumer for items they buy or use? Isn’t that the purpose of free enterprise? If we don’t like the price, we go elsewhere to buy…
Last time I was in Colorado, the grocery store charged me 10 cents for every plastic bag I used, unless I brought my own…which I did on subsequent visits. It seems like once I get used to getting screwed, it gets easier and more acceptable… but at least I still have the choice! 
I expect the stock market to post record losses soon. All I hear from the so-called experts is a forecast of doom and gloom. And let’s face it, if we listen to it long enough, we start to believing it. Actually, I think they’re just betting on the market to drop, which would produce a windfall for those backing the predictions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is this "freedom" I keep hearing about?

an Donalbane said...

Concerning the subject of where to invest: https://www.billwhittle.com/speaking/david-horowitz-freedom-center-palm-beach-fl

Cool video clip. I hadn't heard of the guy, but will pay attention in the future.